Buscar este blog

Datos personales

sábado, 18 de junio de 2011

ENGLISH II, FIRST PARTIAL EXAM, UNITS 7-8 Daniel E. Rodríguez C,M.A.

Grammar
Simple Present & Continuous
-Put the verbs in parentheses in the right tense.
What (you do) every day?
What do you do every day?
What (he do) next weekend?
(He travel) to Atlantic City.
How often (you see) your friends?
(We go out) every week.
What (you studying) now?
(I prepare) an English exam.
(He watch) TV right now?
No, (he play) computer games.
How (you get) to work tomorrow?
(I take) a bus.
-Write the negatives.
I like soccer.
I don’t like soccer.
1 He’s leaving at six o’clock tomorrow.
We listen to the radio in the morning.
I’m writing negatives at the moment.
My brother’s having a party next week.
I do sports twice a week.
-Make questions about underlined words.
I like soccer. = What do you like?
Adverbs of frequency .
-Write sentences using the prompts and the adverbs in parentheses.
I / read books ( usually)
I usually read books.
1 He / go to school / ? (every day)
She / travel (three times a year)
We / study English (hardly ever)
I / give money to charity (once a year)
They / visit friends (sometimes)
Americans / travel by plane (very often)
I / check my e-mail (twice a day)
We / exercise (never)
You / take a shower in the morning / ? (normally)
I / use a computer (during the week)

Vocabulary
Numbers, years & dates .
-Write the numbers, dates and years.
1st = first
1 2nd
55%
Monday, January 29th, 1897
89%
Saturday, December 23rd, 2004
78%
56
12th
44
Tuesday, March 15th, 1567
Activities .
-Match the words in the columns. More than one answer may be possible. Choose the most common answer.
1 - a
1 play a) soccer
2-leave b) school / work
3-start / finish c) home
4-write d) breakfast / dinner …
5-get e) it easy
6-move f) e-mails
7-take g) alarm clock
8-drive h) to work
9-have i) to another country
10-arrive j) (un)dressed
11-go off k) the house
Making arrangements .
-Complete the dialogue with sentences from the box.
Right, OK. Why not? I love your newspaper. I read it every day.
No problem. See you then. Bye.
Hello, is this John Smith?
Well, mid-evening is normally good for me.
One other thing. My daughter bought your CD yesterday. Can I have your autograph for her?
Hello, I’m Mark Johnson from Framework newspaper. I hope I’m not disturbing you.
Yes, Thursday is fine.
Sorry, I can’t. I’m having a meeting with my agent.
Well, John, we’d like to interview you about your new CD.
Erm, no, sorry. I’m going to the dentist on Tuesday.
Hello?

John: Hello?
Mark: …
John: Yes, speaking.
Mark: …
John: No, not at all. How can I help you?
Mark: …
John: …
Mark: Great! So what’s a good time for you, John?
John: …
Mark: Right, OK. So, how about Tuesday evening at about 7 o’clock?
John: …
Mark: What about the day after?
John: …
Mark: So, what about Thursday then?
John: …
Mark: …
John: Sure, no problem.
Mark: Great. Thanks a lot. See you Thursday, John.
John: …
Error analysis .
-Find and correct the mistakes.
He play plays soccer every day.
1 I go away next weekend.
Does he go usually to the movies?
I normally have for lunch a hamburger.
What does your sister do at this moment?
I don’t never play sports.



PART B .UNIT- B

Grammar
Imperatives & instructions .
-Complete the instructions with the verbs in the box in the imperative. One verb is negative.
tell / say / leave / be / smoke / cross
Things to remember when in the UK:
Never cross the street without looking.
2 Never … on buses, trains or planes in the UK.
… late for work or school. British people are usually very punctual.
Always … “thanks” when somebody does something for you.
Always … the taxi driver where you want to go before getting into a taxi.
Always … your seat to old people on public transport.
-Choose the right verbs and put them in the imperative.

How to write and send e-mails
1 Open / Close your e-mail program and
2 click on / touch “New message.”
3 Insert / Spell the recipient’s address in the “To” section of the message or 4 choose / catch one from your “Address Book”.
In the “Subject” space, 5 write / attach the title of your message.
6 Type / Select your message in the space below “Subject”.
7 Close / Use the “Attach” button on the toolbar to attach a file or web page to a message and the “Spelling” icon to 8 check / select the spelling.
Click on “Send” to 9 send / receive your message. 10 Wait / Stay until “Message Sent” appears on the computer screen.
Click on “Save” if you want to save the message.
When you finish, 11 open / close the program.
must & mustn’t .
-Write about the things you must / mustn’t do.
Go to work / school every day.
I must go to work / school every day.
Cook at home.
Do housework every week.
Be late for work / school.
Smoke in class.
Study to pass your exams.
-Make questions about sentences in Exercise 3.
I must go to work / school every day.
Must you go to work / school every day?

Vocabulary
Directions .
-Correct these false statements.
People live on houses. Ô People live in houses.
Fish live out of the water.
Ships travel at the ocean.
The first floor is under the ground floor.
The contrary of “behind” is “opposite.”
Switzerland is in the north of Europe.
-Match the words in the columns. More than one answer may be possible. Choose the most common answer.
1 - a
shopping a) mall
2-news b) office
3-traffic c) stand
4-clock d) crossing
5-post e) light
6-bus f) center
7-automatic teller g) station
8-Internet h) machine
9-tourist information i) café
10-train j) stop
11-pedestrian k) tower
-Match the directions and the definitions.
Excuse me, is there a tourist information center near here?
The tourist information center is very near. Look! You can see it from here.
Excuse me, where’s the tourist information center?
There’s a tourist information center in the new part of town, in the middle of the main square.
Walk to the end of the street, turn right and the tourist information center’s next to the movie theater.
1 Where’s your apartment / house?
You need to know where a person lives.
The tourist information center you want to find is very near where you are and you don’t need directions.
Directions for the location of a tourist information center.
You’d like to know if there’s a tourist information center near where you are.
You want to know the exact location of one tourist information center.
Specific directions to get to the tourist information center.
-Put the sentences in the right order.
left turn and opposite it’s supermarket the.
Turn left and it’s opposite the supermarket.
back street along go this.
to street the walk end of the.
second the on right street the take.
left at light turn the traffic.
movie theater the way down half is street the.
Error analysis .
-Find and correct the mistakes.
You can to see my house from here.
My house is near of a supermarket.
You must to stop smoking.
The book’s under of the table.
Turn on the right and it’s behind the restaurant.
I live in the first floor.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog