Buscar este blog

Datos personales

martes, 14 de febrero de 2012

EXERCISES OF ENGLISH I,FIRST PARTIAL EXAM..



Part A
UNITS 1-2
Daniel E. Rodríguez C,M.A.


Grammar
Simple Present: be, do / does & have / has got.
-Make questions from prompts.
Your name: What’s your name? (Peter)

Your parents / do? (teachers)
He / have / brothers / sisters? (1 brother / 0 sisters)
Their names? (John & Anne)
How old / they? (55 & 89)
Mike / do? (student)
George / work / Sundays? (No)
What time / Mary / get up? (9.30)
You / have / brothers / sisters? (Yes)
He / married? (No)
How much / the ticket / cost? ($23)
-Answer the questions using the words in parentheses.
My name’s Peter.
-Write the negatives.
I study. – I don’t study.
  1. They start work at 9.00.
He has two brothers and three sisters.
My mother reads books every day.
Its 56 dollars.
Theyre from the USA.
She likes animals.
My sister works in a restaurant.
He goes to the movies on weekends.
We listen to music to relax.
-Make questions about the underlined words from 1-9 above.
I study. - What do you do?
Possessives.
-Complete with the possessives from the box.
my / your / our / their / his / her
Whats your phone number?
  1. They live in a house. … house is very nice.
  2. … mother’s Cuban. I love her.
Do you have an e-mail? What’s … e-mail address?
Is this … sister? No, he doesn’t have any sisters.’
What’s … name? She’s Laura.
We are students. … college is very good.
Vocabulary
Family members.
-Complete the table with the right word from the box.
brother-in law / sister-in-law / uncle / grandmother / father-in-law / aunt / cousins

your uncle’s children
cousins
1 your wife’s father

2 your father’s mother

3 your mother’s brother

4 your father’s sister

5 your husband’s sister

6 your wife’s brother

Jobs .
-Match the words and the definitions.

teacher / nurse / journalist / waiter / photographer / waitress /  student / referee / police officer / professor / sports instructor /doctor / architect / accountant
He / she works with money in an office. – accountant
  1. He / she makes houses, apartments, etc.
He / she works in a bar or restaurant.
He / she writes in a newspaper.
He / she works in a school or college.
He / she takes pictures.
He / she controls sports competitions.
  1. He / she protects people on the streets.
  2. He / she goes to school or college.
He / she works in a hospital.
He / she teaches sports.

The time .
-Write the times.
1:00 = one o’clock
  1. 1:30 6 7:20
2:15 7 8:40
7:45 8 10:00
6:00 9 12:15
9:10 10 11:50
Routines.
-Complete with the verbs from the box in the right form.

listen / brush / get / leave / walk / read / study / havebreakfast / get up / go / wake up
During the week, Peter wakes up at 7:00 oclock.
Susan’s Typical Day
Every day, Susan 1… at 8 oclock and … dressed. After that, she3… , usually a cup of coffee and some toast. She 4… her teeth and  5… the house at 9.00. She 6… to work to get some exercise. Afterwork, she 7… running. When she gets home, she 8… thenewspaper, 9… English or 10… to music.
Ordering food & drinks.
-Match the words in the columns.
1 - a
  1. Would you like a drink?
  2. Anything else?
Are you hungry?
I’m thirsty.
How much is that?
Can I have the bill, please?
8 dollars 78 cents, please, sir.
Would you like something to eat?
What would you like?
What’s the currency in Germany?
Excuse me.

a) Yes, please. A Coca Cola.
b) Here you are, 9 dollars. Thanks a lot.
c) Would you like something to drink?
d) Yes, can I help you?
e) It’s 45 dollars, sir.
f) Yes, I am. I’d like a hamburger.
g) Certainly, ma’am. Here it is.
h) I think dollars, but I’m not sure.
  1. Yes, please. I’d like a cheese and
  2. ham sandwich.
j) A mineral water and some potato chips, please.
k) No, thanks. I’m fine.
Error analysis .
-Find and correct the mistakes.
He get gets up at 6:00 every day.
  1. What would you like eat?
He don’t have any brothers.
How much cost the sandwich?
This is Jane boyfriend.
How many childs do you have?




UNIVERSIDAD TECNOLOGICA DE SANTIAGO
UTESA
Daniel E. Rodríguez C,M.A
Parte B.

Grammar
Simple Present: be & do .
-Make questions from prompts.
Name: What’s your name?
  1. Surname?
Spell / surname?
Where / from?
Speak / English?
How old?
Address?
Phone number?
E-mail address?
Profession?
Where / live?
-Answer the questions for you.
What’s your name?” “My name’s Anne.”
-Write the negatives.
I’m Mike. – I’m not Mike.
  1. Hes an accountant.
She works in a newspaper.
I study at the university.
Were from Italy.
Theyre from Japan.
-Make questions from 1-5 above about the underlined words.
Im Mike. – Whats your name?
a / an
-Cross out the wrong article.
a / an office
  1. a / an hospital
  2. a / an politician
a / an school
a / an auditing firm
a / an car factory
a / an record store
a / an engineering company
a / an club
a / an accountant
a / an important multinational
Work in, work for, Im
-Put the phrases from exercise 5 in the right columns.
I work in …
I work for …
I’m …
an office


Vocabulary
Personal information .
-Match the words in the columns.
1 - a
  1. Can you spell that, please?
  2. How are you?
Bye.
Do you speak Spanish?
Sorry, I don”t understand.
Are you American?
Can I have your e-mail?
  1. How do you spell your surname?
  2. What do you do?
I work for an export company.
Pleased to meet you.
a) Yes, of course. M-I-K-E.
b) Yes, smith@framework.com.
c) Me too.
d) It’s S-M-I-T-H.
e) Can you repeat more slowly, please?
f) No, I’m not. I’m Australian.
g) Can’t complain!
h) I’m a manager.
i) No, I don”t. I speak a little English.
j) See you.
k) I don’t. I work in a school.
Numbers.
-Write the following numbers.
1 = one
1 8 11 12 15 21 30 32 44 50 58 60 63 70 77 80 82 90 98 10

Months & days.
-Write the right months/days.
summer vacations: July & August
  1. Christmas
the weekend
Valentine’s Day
this day starts with a “W”
Halloween
the 4th day of the week
the beginning of the school year
the week starts on this day
the end of the school year
Independence Day (USA)
Joining a club .
-Complete the dialogue with phrases from the box.
  • What’s your work phone number?
Is that in small case or capitals?
Can you repeat, please?
How old are you?
Do you live here?
Do you have an e-mail?

A: OK, sir, I just need to take down some details.
B: Sorry, I dont understand. 1… .
A: Yes, certainly. I need some information to fill out themembership form.
B: Yes, of course.
A: 2… .
B: Its 897 67686.
A: Thanks. 3… .
B: Yes.
A: Can I have your e-mail address?
B: Yes, its smith@framework.com.
A: 4… .
B: Small case.
A: Thanks. 5… .
B: Yes, I do.
A: 6… .
B: Im 25.
A: Well, thats it. Thanks a lot. Well be sending your card by mail,sir.
B: OK. Thanks. Goodbye.




Error analysis .
-Find and correct the mistakes.
How old is are you?
  1. Where you live?
I’m doctor.
Speak you Japanese?

Are you Portuguese?” “Yes, Im.












No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Archivo del blog